Our first computer lab in Gorkha
Installation of our first computer lab in the Gorkha District at the Shree Bal Mandir Secondary School.
- Location : Chhahare, Main Bazar, Gorkha District (GPS: 28.000903, 84.623049).
- Institution : Shree Bal Mandir Secondary School and Orphanage
- Population : Students: 330, grade 1 to 10 + orphanage
- Date : May 2017
- Project : Computer lab with 10 computers, power backup and protection & LED projector.
- Category : Computers,
The Shree Bal Mandir School computer lab was the first school computer facility we installed in the Gorkha District.
We have an ongoing relationship with the school that started in 2015 when we provided support to the school’s orphanage after the earthquake. We are sponsoring the orphanage through our Child Sponsorship Program and have undertaken special projects to create a positive living and learning environment. More information is available at the Child Sponsorship Program page.
We have also solved a water supply problem at the school for the benefit of all of the children and teachers at the same time the lab was installed (read more).
We installed a computer lab at the school with the following equipment and provided training to the teachers:
– Installation of a UPS battery backup power system for the computers;
– Installation of power points, electrical grounding and fuse protection to the centre;
– Setting up 10 Lenovo laptops with external keyboards and mice; and
– Purchase an Epson LED projector for the school.
Thanks to WorkSafe Victoria and the Xtreme Adventures group who helped make this project possible. Read more about our relationship with Xtreme Adventures.